These last few months have been absolutely CRAZY!!!! At one point, I didn't know whether I was pitching or catching! But now I think I'm finally making head way of NORMAL...or at least half way :) And THAT alone is something to be VERY thankful for because waking up to find you are not the person you want to be, like the person you promised yourself you'd never become, it hurts....bad! But I'm thankful I realized it and instead of being stubborn ole' me and getting upset or angry about it, I accepted it, and I'm changing it!!
I'm thankful for the people God has placed in my life! The leadership I have to look up to is....First Class, you can't get better than that!!! I have amazing friends who love me, no matter what is going on, at the end of the day I am always smiling because I know if we were to bust out singing, "You Got A Friend In Me" it would be true!! That is something I've been searching for my entire life!!! My family, even though there are a few... disagreeable places there, you can't help but love them...Yes even the crazys! I'm going to miss the day when I can't walk in to my parent's room and sit and talk, laugh, and joke. And yes, no matter how annoying he is, to hear he say a week or so ago, "I'm sorry for being a jerk yesterday" Really shows he cares and I really don't give him enough attention sometimes. As for the rest of them, I know they want the best for me and I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for them lol even if it is going the other direction! :) And I mean that in a good Christian way :)
One person particularly out of my family is my grandma. That has got to be one of the Stronger, Greatest, Loveliest, Amazingliest (that's not even a word) person I have ever known!!! And she is now in remission from cancer for her third time!!!! I don't care what you call that.......THAT IS GOD!!! She has been through so much and she come out making it look like a piece of pie!! She lost two of the most important people in her life, in one year, but yet she never gave up...49 years of marriage and a life long time mother...I had a hard time coping...I could only imagine what she went through!!! She's the person you would want to say, "When I grow up, I want to be just like her!" :) Words can't express the honor I have for this lady!
I'm telling you, I'm in the thankful mode!!! It's crazy...good, but crazy! I mean I just realized during choir practice while listening to the music minister how thankful I am for my limbs! This is some deep stuff right there!!! Lol and I know this will sound crazy for I also found today on my way to practice this evening, I am thankful for my car.... I was driving and I see a mother or grandmother and a child, all dressed for church and the lady looked as if she had a Bible and the thought came to me "If you had no way else to go to church, would you walk?" And I will be the first to admit, it would be EXTREMELY hard to make that 20 min drive on foot!!! Especially because I am always running late...That could turn out bad trying to run the whole way!!! Lol I make that into a joke but that would be an extremely hard decision for me, like right now, I'm leaning towards yes, but I can barely make it to my car some days, much less the entire way. I'm just thankful I have a good car so that I don't have to make that decision!! :)
I've said a lot of things I am thankful for and really there are SOOOO much more!!! But you've probably read enough or have already stopped reading, so I think it's enough lol But I do say all of this to maybe get your mind-wheels turning during this thanksgiving season!!! :) Have a good Thanksgiving!!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment