But he started talking to this other man, just small talk about life...like I say I wasn't really just trying to listen, it was just really quite but he started to talk about his pain and I wanted to know just because I always see him but I never knew anything about him. So I listened to learn more about him. He said that his hips give him a lot of trouble, it is really hard to walk in and out of church. He said something along the lines that he has prayed and prayed for healing but he doesn't believe God will not because can't because it's kinda like his testimony and he correlated it with Jacob who fought with the angel that broke his hip and he walked different from then on. (Gen 32) Then he says he doesn't mind the pain, like he accepts it, he said that wished God would ease the pain a little. Then this one sentence got me he said, "But I can take the pain"
Ok I don't know if that means anything to you but that gives me a very new different prospective for this man and of life!!!! Like it tears me up to think about it. Like this happened a week or 2 ago, and it is still on my heart. I saw him tonight and it hit me...This man hobbles into church in probably more pain than I can handle, and yet he does as much worship and his body will let him.... Then there are services when I don't even want to move my eye lids....I hobble into church in no pain...real pain at least, service passes and I do nothing that really takes real effort... It really upset me to think of this and it changed my attitude 180 degrees...
A man that can't worship God vs. A girl that won't, stabs a knife in my heart to be honest! And it helped me understand and want to praise and worship so much more! And it made me want to do something I honestly don't like to do, something I'm told to do ALL the time, MOVE!!! And tonight I promised myself that I would try to always remember to move, to worship with all my heart, if not for me, for him! I always say I don't want to go through the motions in service and in life, but there are still some times I do. This showed me the importance of living for God and living life to the fullest!! Even when it hurts! :)

1 comment:
Wonderfull post Shelby!
Post a Comment