'A woman stopped by our customer-service desk and asked me for a copy of the book that has Jesus in it. After much back-and-forth, I determined that she wanted the Bible.' ~collegehumor.com
'When I asked my friend if she was planning to attend church, she just shook her head. "I haven't gone in a long time," she said. "Besides, it's too late for me. I've probably already broken all seven commandments.' ~Nandiara Hentges
Even if these are only jokes and maybe not really true, this isn't a laughing matter. This shows that there are people who don't know God. Think about it for a minute...How much different would your life be without God? I can't even imagine it. After 17 years, I don't know any better. But think of those who don't...
There is a song, Voice of a Savior, by Mandisa. It talks about how people really aren't that different. We're just trying to fill a void with anything that will fit, but really the only thing that fits is God. And we would give anything to hear the Voice of a Savior. If everyone is trying to fill this void, how much more should we, who know God, reach out and try to help those who don't know Him.
I'll Stand For You ~Cloud 9
Everyone must choose to follow someone
Even if they're going their own way
Everyone must choose to stand for something
Otherwise you'll fall for anything
So who you gonna stand for
When the going get tough
Who you gonna stand for
When the ride's too rough
'Cause I'll stand for You
I'll stand for You, God
I'll stand for You
I'll stand for You, God
I will choose to believe
You'll give me what I need
In everything I do
I'll stand for You
You never said it would be easy
But You said I would never be alone, No
When it's hard to do
What I believe is true
I don't have to face it on my own, No
So who you gonna stand for
When the going gets tough
Who you gonna stand for
When the ride's too rough
I'll stand for You
I'll stand for You, God
I'll stand for You
I'll stand for You, God
I will choose to believe
You'll give me what I need
In everything I do
I'll stand for You
I will listen to
And I will follow You
I will trust when I'm afraid
I will share my faith
I will praise Your name
I will give and I'll obey
Everyone must choose to follow someone
Even if they're going their own way
Everyone must choose to stand for something
Otherwise you'll fall for anything
So who you gonna stand for
When the going get tough
Who you gonna stand for
When the ride's too rough
'Cause I'll stand for You
I'll stand for You, God
I'll stand for You
I'll stand for You, God
I will choose to believe
You'll give me what I need
In everything I do
I'll stand for You
You never said it would be easy
But You said I would never be alone, No
When it's hard to do
What I believe is true
I don't have to face it on my own, No
So who you gonna stand for
When the going gets tough
Who you gonna stand for
When the ride's too rough
I'll stand for You
I'll stand for You, God
I'll stand for You
I'll stand for You, God
I will choose to believe
You'll give me what I need
In everything I do
I'll stand for You
I will listen to
And I will follow You
I will trust when I'm afraid
I will share my faith
I will praise Your name
I will give and I'll obey

No comments:
Post a Comment