So I actually learned something today in English, a new word! (I honestly can't tell you why I'm so obsessed with words now) It's leodfruma. It means leader of the people. In this case, in The Wife's Lament, it's her husband. And I'm probably the only nerd to get excited when I actually used it in a paper I wrote tonight! lol It's an Anglo-Saxon word, we are still in this time frame.
(NOTE: For those who read my recent post, Celts vs Anglo Saxons, at first I was totally at odd's with the Anglo Saxons, but menus Beowulf, I'm cook with them now! I actually really like these two poems we are reading now: The Seafarer and The Wife's Lament! I would recommend looking them up, they're really cool, in a weird way.)


This is like a miracle that I actually got something out of class today. I have this class first hour, therefore I'm trying to stay conscious and alert that early in the morning must less actually get something out of it! I usually take it home and go over it when I can get focused! :)


1 comment:
Yes. You are the only person who would get excited when using the word Leodfruma in your essay. Nerd. But, You know I love you. :]
Post a Comment