Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Look at the Bright Side of Things

Christmas has come and gone already! Now we're looking forward to a fresh start of 2011!!! This year, I can already tell, is going to amazing!!! Only 4 months and 14 days until graduation! 3 months and 20 days until I turn 18! So I mean that alone can make my year, but I'm positive there is move to come than that!

The past few weeks have been.....INSANE! Busy, busy, busy! Of course as always around Christmas! So to start off I put my two notice in a little over 3 weeks ago, last day was the 23, started a new one, unexpectedly, Monday. Everybody else knew about it....but me until 12:30 That morning.....I had to be at work at 2:30!!! And it's like a God sent job! It's exactly what I needed and what I wanted! Perfect hours, perfect days, perfect pay! EVERYTHING!! And let me tell you NO WEEKENDS!!! That's a HUGE blessing to me!!!!!!

Then Christmas was AWESOME! The 18th we did Christmas at my grandma's house (my dad's side) because my cousin had to work Christmas Eve night. It was really nice! I love spending time with family, I think our highlight this year was I was opening a present and it was an iHome Alarm Clock. Which is by the way AWESOME!! I woke up this morning to the Sound of Music! But anyways, I opened it so the box and was totally excited! And my cousin, Ashlea, says, "I hate to tell you thing but...that's not what's in the box".......They said it looked like I'd lost a friend! I feel bad I looked like that because I wasn't that disappointed, I was just confused as to what's in the box! BUT That's what was in the box!

On Christmas Eve, We went to the Santa Clause parade at my grandma's house like we do every year. It was SOOO COLD!! But I had so many clothes on, I couldn't feel a thing! :) After that I had to go to my grandparents house to give my grandma the dressing for the next day and I staid a visited for a little while. It was really nice...My grandpa ended up talking me into picking up pecans in his front yard though! We picked for like almost 2 hours! While we picked my Uncle Allen and Aunt Mot arrived into town! They even picked up a few pecans as well when they got here! :D ha ha! We picked up a little over 14 lbs! But even though I was dead tired, I was smiling on the inside just to spend another day with them...I use to basically live with them when I was little. We lived beside them so I'd go over there anytime I pleased :)

Then Christmas Eve Night, was with my family. We all had a good time, then played with everything afterward. The highlight then was my gift from Bo, along with a photo album and a phone cover, I got this...


Bubble wrap and dog bones! Aunt Gina said it's so I can "Pop 'n' Naw!" Crazy! I laughed forever!
Oh yeah! This is also when I got my new camera!!! :D This explains why I only have pics for half of this blog!

Next was Christmas with my Mom's side of the family! The house was PACKED! And it wasn't even all of us!!! There are 4 kids, 8 grand-kids and 8 great-grand-kids!! Plus all the husbands and wives!! It's a big thing! There was only like half of us there, plus my great-aunt and my aunt's sister was there this year too. Then my great-uncle and his wive, son, daughter-in-law, and grandson came by from Arkansas and South Carolina, I believe!! Whew!!! That's a lot of people!!!! We had a wonderful time!
This is a my grandpa, mom, and grandma!


This is me and my uncle allen!


It was a wonderful Christmas! I'm so happy I was able to spend Christmas with my family!

Now Christmas is over, and back to normal life. Sunday night, church started back on normal schedule...with the exception of a like 10 or 15 families I believe I heard Bro Johnson say. Then Monday I unexpectedly got a new job as I said earlier. So I did that, then had practice for uTunes...I won't go into to all that just yet. I'm still in shock I agreed!!! Then Tuesday, Me, Aunt Gina, Ashlea, Ciara, and Brooke all went shopping!!! :D We had a blast! For lunch, we ate at Sicily's! That was so good! We had to go shop some more before we could even go and eat dessert! We ate dessert at Cheesecake Bistro! YUMMMMM!!!

This is what be and Brooke got! Cookies and Cream Cheesecake!! Heavenly!!!



I also tasted Ashlea's Reese's Cheesecake...I couldn't resist! It was soooooo Good!! And Aunt Gina's White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake!! It was great too!! Ciara had White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake I believe? I'm not a strawberry fan though. It looked good though???

We had laughs after laughs, afterward me and Brooke went to look at Christmas light, yes after Christmas lol. We had to get some talking out though, even though we were together ALL day! :)

The point for day's post is....Life is as Grand as you make it! I'm trying to catch up on my daily devotion before the year ends, so I can start fresh! A few days ago I was reading in October. I got to the 18th. "Shake It Off" It talks about the story of the farmer that tried to bury his donkey. But the donkey was smarter than the man though because every time they through dirt on him, he shook it off! The moral is to become victorious, shake the things off that put you down and under! And Look At The Bright Side of Things :)

No comments: