I've been reading in Genesis for the past week or so and I just finished reading about Abraham. I was reading about how he had a son by the servant Hagar named Ishmael and even though he was no the son God wanted Abraham to have with Sarah, his wife, he still promised to make a great nation out of him as well.
When the time come when Issac was born and they were celebrating for him, Ishmael was picking on Issac. Of course like any other mother, Sarah was upset and wanted him and the servant Hagar to leave. So they had to leave and live in the wilderness. After a while they're running out of food and water and Ishmael is getting very weak. Hagar can tell that her only son is about to die and she can't take the pain of just watching him because she can do nothing else for him or herself. So even though God has promised to make a nation of him, she leaves him to die alone...
BUT in Genesis 21:19 it says "And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink." When I read this, I was blown away. "And God opened her eyes" to say her dying son. Even though it was right in front of her, God opened her eyes.
Sometimes when in a problem of your life, you have to open up your eyes to God's blessings that are right in front of you. What if we were sensitive enough to open our eyes before God did it for us? How much more would He pour out his blessings??
Hi there!
-
So, I know it's been a while...
but I thought I would try this blogging thing again :)
The other day I was going through my emails from around the time tha...
12 years ago

1 comment:
Powerful and very true! I agree totally, and I'm not saying my eyes are opened during troubling times but I too want to get to a point where I have enough trust in God that I can open my eyes without God having to for me.
Post a Comment