Friday, August 27, 2010

New Vocabulary! :D

Ok, this is so funny!! I have this podcast on my iPod called 'A Way With Words' I downloaded it for PEAK this year (to listen to on the way up there) and I automatically didn't like it, because the first episode was about 'The Prehistoric Mother Tongue.' Just the word 'History' cuts me out, but I did try to listen to it on the way...still didn't help....so I just left it there and never unsubscribed from it, so I have like 50 something episodes....

So a few days ago, I said why not, I'll try it again and go to the next episode. This time was much better! I laughed the entire time! :) They talked about the cardboard tube in the toilet paper rolls...Someone called in and said his family calls them Oa-oa's because his sister went around the house saying 'oaoa' through it! Then they looked it up in a family word book and found more words of it da-da's, derder's. The funniest one was whowho's and the big ones from like wrapping paper is a whowhowho! The bigger, the more the who's! :)


I think I'm not addicted! I'm actually even listening to it now! :) In the next episode, it starts off by trying to figure out random funny words. Get this:

  1. Kangarooster- an Australian person
  2. Pumpkinsquater- a small farmer (I wouldn't want to be called that!)
  3. Faunch- to fret, to show irritation or impatient
  4. Epizootic- a disease of many different animals at the same time (example: the mad cow disease, it happens to many cows at one time)

Steve and Terri Irwin (Crocodile Dundee)=Kangaroosters! :D

These words just like amaze me. Who thinks of these?!?! And the funny things about epizootic is that when someone gets sick in my family, my dad started calling it to ephizooty. And that was almost the word!!! (except used in the wrong context)

1 comment:

Ciara said...

Those words are hillarious....... I've made up words to add to my vocabulary before too!