I'm kind of glad I had to write it, because it made me really get in my mind the people who really mean something to me. The person I finally chose seemed to be easy at first, although later I found it wasn't as easy after all. Because before I could get through the first 3 paragraphs, I realized there were many things, I never stopped and really thought in depth about her and how much she really does...which is honestly amazing by the way!!! Lol
Toward the end, the last characteristic I wrote about was her passion. And how she does everything from her heart, no matter what she does. And some of my examples really got me to re-thinking things... What if everybody was like that??? Just give your all to God, No matter the circumstances. And when you're REALLY giving you're all to God, not just saying it. Saying it and meaning it can be two totally different things....Not just going through the motions...if you go through the motions all through life, where is that going to lead you???? what good is it going to do????
I guess writing about all those characteristics it got me to do some soul searching for myself (plus a preacher that visited our church, kinda preached on it too)...I started thinking about how much I give myself to God. There are some times when I let other things get in the way of my walk with God. There are a lot of things I let hinder me, and I got thinking, what if I just trusted Him?? How much better would things work out???
I've been really dealing with something lately, and I have been really fighting with it. I guess because it's not really going my way or the way I thought it would?? But I started thinking about the situation. I just made a new commitment to try harder to give my all to God; including this situation! There is really no point in fighting God anymore, I don't think the situation is going anywhere until I do something about it. Even if it seem to go away, it'd probably come back on me later. I don't want to do anything that isn't His will, and because of what he has done for me in my life...it would be just rude for me not to do what He wants me to! So I'm trusting God for who He is, and not thinking twice about it! :)
Trust Him
Brandon Heath
I can’t walk without watching where I’m going
I can’t speak without knowing what to say
I can’t love and have any hesitation
Cause I know that you don’t work that way
I can’t reach without something to offer
I can’t come now I am so ashamed
I can’t hold out from you any longer
Cause I know that you don’t work that way
I’m not gonna fight you anymore
Not gonna try to lock the
You took your life and gave me yours
There’s no reason why
I shouldn’t trust you with mine
It’s never easy changing my direction
It’s so unnatural to loosen up my grip
Are you growing weary of all my good intentions
Cause I know that You don’t work that way
Chorus
Some days
This wait upon my shoulder
Is my shame
I know I should know better
Cause you say
That I must now surrender
There’s no other way

No comments:
Post a Comment