Our Youth Ensemble just sang a song we heard at PEAK, by Bro Miles Young called What About Love. This song always just puts me in a whirl-wind. I'm just flooded by all of the people in this world that are lost. It makes you stop and think about the people needing or dying that never heard about the name of Jesus. Can you imagine the life? A life with no feeling of guidance, no hope, just live until you die and nothing more. It kinda makes me sad, because I know I can't reach every single person alone. I do local outreach, when possible, but so far it's been harder than it looks. No doubt with time and more experience things will get better, but it makes me think of all the people in other places. I can almost see little kids faces, looking wide eyed, helpless. It breaks my heart to know I'm in America, spoiled, and there are people in other countries with nothing and nothing to turn to. Or the people even in America, who is mixed up in the world and can't stand what they believe anymore because the world has confused them or what-have-you. It tears my heart in half to know there are people who walk around silent, but screaming inside.
As a young person, I've been through many things and I've attempted to help people my age as well. Someone asked me, "What makes you care so much about people?" I can't answer the question; it always puts me in pain to see someone else hurting. Ever though I may help a few friends here and there and a few outreaches whenever I can, I feel the need to grow more in outreach. Because the way I've been doing outreach is basically going through the motion, saying I love the lost, but I'm too busy to give it any thought, any time, any prayer. So my 'new and refreshed' goal is not only to reach out, but to reach out with more effort and to make more time! Because as a Christian that's my job. It isn't fair to be able to feel the love of God, while others are feeling the weight of this world.
For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. ~Mark 10:45

No comments:
Post a Comment